CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST 2017 recent information updated November 19, 2017
CAT 2017 Exam Date,Pattern,Syllabus,Admit Card,Result. CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST 2017 find all essential information and latest updates on CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST 2017 which are verified and updated here on November 19, 2017 all details on recent event of CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST 2017 is updated here up-to this minute and be the first person to discover CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST 2017 and make use of the ample official links provided in CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST page.
CAT Registration Started
The CAT Exam will be conducted by the IIM Lucknow (Indian Institute of Management Lucknow) for the academic year 2017-18.Last year IIM Bangalore conducted the CAT Exam.The name of the CAT 2017 Convenor has been announced by IIM Lucknow.To apply for the CAT, candidates can have to visit the official website of Common Admission test to register for CAT Exam.The registration starts from August 9, 2017.
Fill your CAT Registration Form
About CAT - Exam Overview
Common Admission Test or CAT is the national level management entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission to 20 IIMs and more than 100 B-schools across India. Many Candidates who are seeking interest to pursue their Mangement of Business Administration will appear for the Examination.The test scores of a candidate are calculated on the basis of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR).Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs. CAT is the biggest national level MBA entrance test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year.
CAT - Important Dates
The important dates of CAT Exam are tabulated below for the candidate's reference. Check the official CAT Advertisement
|CAT 2017 Notification||July 29, 2017|
|CAT 2017 Application Commencement||August 9, 2017|
|CAT 2017 last date to apply||September 20, 2017 (till 5 PM)|
|CAT 2017 Admit Card||October 18, 2017 (1 PM onwards)|
|CAT 2017 Tutorial||October 18, 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam||November 26, 2017|
|CAT 2017 Result||Second week of January 2018|
CAT Exam Details
The CAT Exam events are expected to be are mentioned for the candidate's reference.
- Name of Test - Common Admission Test
- Conducting Organisation - Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow)
- Exam type - National Level Competitive Exam
- Purpose of Test - To Qualifying Test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ Business Schools
- No. of Questions - 100
- Test Duration - 3 hours
- Syllabus - Questions are asked from VRC, QA, DI & LR
- Application Fees - Rs 1800 for General/NC-OBC category and Rs. 900 for SC/ST/PWD/DA category.
Courses offered in IIT through CAT Score
The CAT Exam once conducted and the candidates can take admission to the following courses offered by 20 IIMs and other top B-schools in India based on their scores.
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, PGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Trichy||PGP, PGPBM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
CAT Exam - Eligibility Criteria
The CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria are clearly mentioned here for the candidate's reference.
- Candidates should have passed and obtained Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute.
- The minimum percentage of aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA to be obtained or secured by the applicants is 50 for General category candidates and 45 for reserved category candidates.
- The Final year graduation students are also eligible to appear for the exam provided they fulfill the Bachelor’s degree cutoff and other factors within the stipulated schedule given by IIMs and other participating institutes.
CAT Exam - Seat Reservation
The reservation for the candidates who are eligible for the reservation categories is tabulated here.
Steps to fill CAT Exam Application Form
The major steps to fill the Common Admission Test Application form are mentioned below for the candidate's reference.
- The CAT Application form is available in online mode.
- To apply for the CAT, candidates have to visit the official website of Common Admission test to register for CAT Exam.
- After the CAT registration process gets over, the IIM will send the login credentials to the candidates via SMS and email.
- After receiving the login credentials, the candidates have to log into the application window and fill up the online application form of CAT exam.
Main Details required to fill up the online application form
The main details required to fill up the application form are
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Selecting IIMs to apply for
- Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities
CAT Application Form Fee
- The CAT Application fee is Rs. 1800 for General category candidates and Rs. 900 for reserved category candidates.
- The mode of application fee payment is through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The application fee has increased from Rs. 1700 for General and NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 850 for SC, ST and PWD candidates.
CAT Exam Centers in India
The CAT Exam is conducted in around 140 cities across India. Last year, the test was conducted in 136 cities. Each year, IIMs or the CAT conducting authorities add a number of cities where CAT is conducted to make it more convenient for test takers across India. During the application process, candidates have to select four test cities in the order of priority.
CAT Exam Pattern
The CAT Exam pattern mainly consists of Verbal and Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability section, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section. The CAT is a computer based test of three hours duration carrying 100 objective type questions which were mixed with multiple choice and non-multiple choice questions.The pattern is explained in a table here.
|S.No.||Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Questions from each section||Time allotted to each section (minutes)|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||24||8||32||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||60|
CAT Exam Syllabus
The CAT Exam Syllabus is mainly based on the 3 sections namely.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
The data Interpretation mainly deals with major topics which are mentioned here.
- Caselets and Tables
- Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
- Venn Diagrams
- Line Charts & Pie Chart
- Combination of two or more types linked to each other
- Number and Letter Series
- Calendars, Cubes, and Clocks
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Blood Relation
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
The Verbal Ability which mainly deals with major topics which are prescribed here.
- Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)
- Grammar or English Usage
- Correction in Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
- Analogies and Reverse Analogies
- Meaning/Usage Match
- Verbal Reasoning
- Summary Questions
- Reading Comprehension
- Facts Inferences Judgements
The Quantitative ability which mainly deals with the topics which are prescribed here.
- Number Systems
- LCM & HCF
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Ratio & Proportion
- Quadratic & Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences & Series
- Surds & Indices
- Probability, Permutation, and Combination
- Set Theory
- Functions & Geometry
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
CAT Admit card
The CAT Admit card will be available only in online mode which the candidates have to download.The admit card will be an important document for CAT Examination without which the test takers will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. Along with the CAT admit card, candidates have to carry a photo identity card.The CAT admit card contains important information such as:
- Candidate name
- Exam date
- Exam venue
- Important Instructions for exam day
Main Documents to be submitted at the time of examination along with CAT Admit Card
The main documents should be presented along with the One Photo Identity card is a must for the CAT Examination with the admit card.
- Adhar card
- PAN card
- Driving Licence
- Voter’s card
- Bank passbook with duly attested photograph
- Identity card issued by school or college/gazetted officer
The result of CAT will be declared in the second week of January 2018. The Test takers can download their CAT score cards online by logging in to the official website through the CAT ID/Sr No. and password.The score card will be displayed according to the section-wise and overall scaled scores.The CAT result will be available only in online mode and IIMs will not send the hard copy of the scorecards at the candidate's address.
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
MAT EXAM MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
SNAP APPLICATION FORM
TANCA TAMIL NADU COMMON ADMISSIONS COUNSELLING
TAMILNADU MBBS RANK LIST
JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM
UPCOMING BANK EXAMS
UP BOARD RESULT
Free Job Alert to your Email