CAT Result 2018 Declared:
On January 5, 2019, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) has announced the CAT (Common Admission Test) Result 2018, on its official website iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2018 score is valid till December 31, 2019. Around two lakh candidates had appeared for the CAT 2018 Examination, which was held on November 25, 2018 at various centres across India. This year onwards, IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore are planning to increase their intake by 805 seats. For this year, however, a total of 12,411 seats are available across 20 IIMs in all the courses. All the major IIMs use CAT 2018 percentile scores for shortlisting the candidates and publish the 2018 seat allotment list on their official website.
Check CAT Result 2018, Score Card
CAT 2018 Admit Card available for download from October 24, 2018The admit card for the Common Admission Test (CAT) will be released on October 24, 2018, at 1 pm. Candidates who have applied for the test should visit the official website of IIM CAT.CAT 2018 admit card contains the details of the exam shift, centers and instructions for the exam.
In order to understand the CAT 2018 exam format, tutorials will be released.
CAT 2018 Online Registration Begins:On August 8, 2018, CAT or Common Admission Test registration link has been activated on the official CAT 2018 website iimcat.ac.in. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) will conduct computer-based Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) on 25th November 2018 in two sessions. CAT 2018 is a pre-requisite for admission to various Post Graduate and Fellow programmes like PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM, PGP-HRM, PGPEX, EPGPX, EFPM, EPhD of IIMs. Candidates who wish to appear in CAT 2018 exam should submit their CAT 2018 Online Application form through the below provided direct official link. The registration fee for CAT 2018 is Rs. 950 for SC, ST, and PwD category candidates and Rs. 1900 for all other category candidates. During CAT 2018 online registration, Candidates have to select any four test cities in order of their preference. CAT 2018 score is valid only till December 31, 2019. CAT 2018 Registration ends on 26th September 2018 at 05:00 PM.
Fill CAT 2018 Online Application Form
CAT 2018 Important Dates:
The important dates of CAT Exam are tabulated below for the candidate's reference. Check the official CAT Advertisement
|CAT 2018 Application starts||August 9, 2018|
|CAT 2018 last date to apply||September 26, 2018 (till 5:00 pm)|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card||October 24 - November 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam||November 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Result||Second week of January, 2019 (Tentative)|
CAT 2017 Result Released:IIM Lucknow conducted CAT 2017 Exam on 26 November 2017 in two slots, across the country, for providing the admission to various masters programmes in Business schools across India including the prestigious IIMs. CAT 2017 result is released on January 8, 2018. The CAT 2017 result is available on the official website iimcat.ac.in. Candidates can also check the CAT 2017 Result from the direct official link provided below:
Check your CAT 2017 Result
CAT 2018 Exam Overview:
Common Admission Test or CAT is the national level management entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission to 20 IIMs and more than 100 B-schools across India. Many Candidates who are seeking interest to pursue their Mangement of Business Administration will appear for the Examination.The test scores of a candidate are calculated on the basis of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR).Around 4,000 seats are offered through the 20 IIMs. CAT is the biggest national level MBA entrance test is taken by more than two lakh candidates every year.
CAT 2018 Exam Details:
The CAT Exam events are expected to be are mentioned for the candidate's reference.
- Name of Test - Common Admission Test
- Conducting Organisation - Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow)
- Exam type - National Level Competitive Exam
- Purpose of Test - To Qualifying Test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ Business Schools
- No. of Questions - 100
- Test Duration - 3 hours
- Syllabus - Questions are asked from VRC, QA, DI & LR
- Application Fees - Rs 1800 for General/NC-OBC category and Rs. 900 for SC/ST/PWD/DA category.
Courses offered in IIT through CAT Score:
The CAT Exam once conducted and the candidates can take admission to the following courses offered by 20 IIMs and other top B-schools in India based on their scores.
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, PGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM|
|IIM Indore||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Trichy||PGP, PGPBM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
CAT 2018 Exam Eligibility Criteria:
The CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria are clearly mentioned here for the candidate's reference.
- Candidates should have passed and obtained Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute.
- The minimum percentage of aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA to be obtained or secured by the applicants is 50 for General category candidates and 45 for reserved category candidates.
- The Final year graduation students are also eligible to appear for the exam provided they fulfill the Bachelor’s degree cutoff and other factors within the stipulated schedule given by IIMs and other participating institutes.
CAT 2018 Exam Seat Reservation:
The reservation for the candidates who are eligible for the reservation categories is tabulated here.
How to fill CAT 2018 Exam Application Form?
The major steps to fill the Common Admission Test Application form are mentioned below for the candidate's reference.
- The CAT Application form is available in online mode.
- To apply for the CAT, candidates have to visit the official website of Common Admission test to register for CAT Exam.
- After the CAT registration process gets over, the IIM will send the login credentials to the candidates via SMS and email.
- After receiving the login credentials, the candidates have to log into the application window and fill up the online application form of CAT exam.
Main Details required to fill up the online application form:
The main details required to fill up the application form are
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Selecting IIMs to apply for
- Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities
CAT 2018 Application Form Fee:
- The CAT Application fee is Rs. 1800 for General category candidates and Rs. 900 for reserved category candidates.
- The mode of application fee payment is through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The application fee has increased from Rs. 1700 for General and NC-OBC candidates and Rs. 850 for SC, ST and PWD candidates.
CAT 2018 Exam Centers in India:
The CAT Exam is conducted in around 140 cities across India. Last year, the test was conducted in 136 cities. Each year, IIMs or the CAT conducting authorities add a number of cities where CAT is conducted to make it more convenient for test takers across India. During the application process, candidates have to select four test cities in the order of priority.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
The CAT Exam pattern mainly consists of Verbal and Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability section, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section. The CAT is a computer based test of three hours duration carrying 100 objective type questions which were mixed with multiple choice and non-multiple choice questions.The pattern is explained in a table here.
|S.No.||Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non-MCQs||Questions from each section||Time allotted to each section (minutes)|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||24||10||34||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||24||8||32||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||60|
CAT 2018 Exam Syllabus:
The CAT Exam Syllabus is mainly based on the 3 sections namely.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
The data Interpretation mainly deals with major topics which are mentioned here.
- Caselets and Tables
- Bar Graphs and Column Graphs
- Venn Diagrams
- Line Charts & Pie Chart
- Combination of two or more types linked to each other
- Number and Letter Series
- Calendars, Cubes, and Clocks
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Blood Relation
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
The Verbal Ability which mainly deals with major topics which are prescribed here.
- Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based)
- Grammar or English Usage
- Correction in Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage
- Analogies and Reverse Analogies
- Meaning/Usage Match
- Verbal Reasoning
- Summary Questions
- Reading Comprehension
- Facts Inferences Judgements
The Quantitative ability which mainly deals with the topics which are prescribed here.
- Number Systems
- LCM & HCF
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Ratio & Proportion
- Quadratic & Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences & Series
- Surds & Indices
- Probability, Permutation, and Combination
- Set Theory
- Functions & Geometry
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration
CAT Admit card 2018:
The CAT Admit card will be available only in online mode which the candidates have to download.The admit card will be an important document for CAT Examination without which the test takers will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. Along with the CAT admit card, candidates have to carry a photo identity card.The CAT admit card contains important information such as:
- Candidate name
- Exam date
- Exam venue
- Important Instructions for exam day
Main Documents to be submitted at the time of examination along with CAT Admit Card 2018:
The main documents should be presented along with the One Photo Identity card is a must for the CAT Examination with the admit card.
- Adhar card
- PAN card
- Driving Licence
- Voter’s card
- Bank passbook with duly attested photograph
- Identity card issued by school or college/gazetted officer
CAT Result 2018:
The result of CAT will be declared in the second week of January 2018. The Test takers can download their CAT score cards online by logging in to the official website through the CAT ID/Sr No. and password.The score card will be displayed according to the section-wise and overall scaled scores.The CAT result will be available only in online mode and IIMs will not send the hard copy of the scorecards at the candidate's address.
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- RAJASTHAN BOARD RBSE 10TH 12TH
- NAGALAND BOARD NBSE CLASS 10TH 12TH RESULT
- NATIONAL PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT
- PSEB 12TH RESULT PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD
- RBSE 12TH RESULT RAJASTHAN BOARD 12TH RESULT
- JAC JHARKHAND BOARD 10TH 12TH RESULT
- HBSE HARYANA BOARD 12TH RESULT
- BSEB 12TH RESULT BIHAR BOARD 12TH RESULT
- CLASS 12TH RESULT
- UPTU RESULT
- »MPSC AE Result 2019. Download the result here14 hours ago
- OSSC ODIA TRANSLATOR ADMIT CARD
- ASSAM PSC ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ADMIT CARD
- ECIL JUNIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER ADMIT CARD
- OSSC AUDITOR ADMIT CARD
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
- NHM MP ADMIT CARD
- GSSSB CLERK AND OFFICE ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
- DSSSB ADMIT CARD
- ISRO SCIENTIST ENGINEER ADMIT CARD
- SBI APPRENTICE ADMIT CARD
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- MAHAGENCO INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER