BSNL has an ongoing large scale recruitment of Junior Telecom Officer for 2017. Candidates who have applied for the post should have the following educational qualifications: BE/BTech. or equivalent in Telecom/Electronics/Radio/Computer/Electrical/Information Technology/Instrumentation Engineering or M.Sc. (Electronics)/M.Sc.(Computer Science). Another main criterion is the candidates should have appeared in GATE exam 2017, opting any one of the paper from the following four disciplines i.e. CS or EC or EE or IN. For the syllabus of the four papers candidates can check GATE Syllabus. Syllabus for each discipline is given in the link.
BSNL Syllabus - Junior Engineer
BSNL JE Exam is based on Engineering Standards and the syllabus focus on telecommunications, electronics and electrical, Computer and IT, Radio, and Instrumentation. The detailed BSNL JE Exam is given below.
BSNL Syllabus - General Ability TestThe Score for this section is 20 marks and the No. of questions will be 20.
- General English
- Current Events
- General Knowledge
BSNL Syllabus - Basic EngineeringPart II focus on Basic Engineering questions. The section holds a score of 90 marks with 90 questions.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Vector Algebra
- Matrix and Determinant
- Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus
- Differential equation of second order
- Fourier series
- Laplace Transform
- Complex Number
- Partial Differentiation
- Measurement-Units and Dimension
- Laser and its Application
- Atomic Structure and Energy Levels
- Electrostatics, Coulomb’s law, Electric field, Gauss’s theorem, concept of potential difference
- Concept of capacitance and capacitors
- Ohm’s law, power and energy, Kirchoff’s voltage, current laws and their applications in simple DC circuits
- Basic Magnetism, Electro Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction: Concept of alternating voltage & current
- Cells and Batteries
- Voltage and Current Sources: Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem and their applications
Electronics Devices and Circuits
- Classification of materials into conductor, semi-conductor, insulator etc.
- Electrical properties, magnetic materials
- Various types of relays, switches and connectors
- Conventional representation of electric and electronic circuits elements
- Active and passive components
- Semi-conductor Physics; Semiconductor Diode
- Bipolar transistor & their circuits; Transistor Biasing Stabilization of operating point
- Single stage transistor amplifier; field effect transistor, Mosfet circuits applications
- Multistage Transistor Amplifier; Transistor Audio Power Amplifiers
- Feedback In Amplifier: Sinusoidal Oscillators
- Tuned Voltage Amplifiers
- Opto Electronics Devices and their applications: Operational Amplifier
- Wave shaping and switching circuits
- Block diagram of I.C. Timer (such as 555) and its working
- Motivation Circuits; Time Base Circuits
- Thyristory and UJT: Regulated Power Supply
- Applications and advantages of digital systems
- number system (binary and hexadecimal)
- Logic Gates
- Logic Simplication
- Codes and Parity
- Arithmetic Circuits
- Display Devices and Associated Circuits
- Multiplexers and De-multiplexers
- Latches and Flip Flops
- Shift Registers: Memories
- A/D and D/A converters
BSNL Syllabus - SpecializationThe section also holds a score of 90 marks with 90 questions and tests on the specialization.
ElectricalThree phases vs., single-phase supply, Star Delta connections, relation between phase & line voltage power factor and their measurements; construction and principles of working of various types of electrical measuring instruments. All types of motor and generator-AC & DC transformers, starters, rectifiers, inverters, battery charges, batteries, servo and stepper motors, contactor control circuits, switchgear; relays, protection devices & schemes, substation, protective relaying, circuits breaker, generator protection, transformer protection, feeder & tightening protection, feeder & bus bar protection, lightening arrestor, earthing, voltage stabilizer & regulators, power control devices & circuits, phase con rolled rectifiers, inverters, choppers dual converters, cycloconverters, power electronics application in control of drivers, refrigeration & air-conditioning.
CommunicationModulation and demodulation – principles and operation of various types of AM, FM, and PM modulators/demodulators; Pulse modulation – TDM, PAM, PPM, PWM, Multiplexing, Principles and applications of PCM.
Introduction of Basic block diagram of digital and data communication systems, coding error detection and correction techniques; Digital Modulation Techniques – ASK, ICW, FSK, PSK; Characteristics/working of data transmission circuits; UART, USART; Modems; Protocols and their functions, brief idea of ISDN Interfaces, local areas Network; Carrier Telephony – Features of carrier telephone system.
Microwave Engineering: Microwave Devices, Wave-guides, Microwave Components, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Communication Systems - Block diagram and working principles of microwave communication link.
Network, Filters, and Transmission LinesTwo port network; Attenuators; Filters; Transmission Lines and their applications; Characteristic impedance of line; Concept of reflection and standing waves on a transmission line; Transmission line equation; Principles of impedance matching; Bandwidth consideration of a transmission line.
Instruments and MeasurementsSpecification of instruments – accuracy, precision, sensitivity, resolution range, Errors in measurements and loading effect; principles of voltage, current and resistance measurements; Transducers, measurement of displacement & strain, forces & torque measuring devices, pressure measuring devices, flow measuring devices, power control devices & circuits. Types of AC millivolt meters- Amplifier rectifier and rectifier amplifier; Block diagram explanation of a basic CRO and a triggered sweep oscilloscope, front panel controls; impedance Bridges and Q-Meters.
Principles of working and specifications of logic probes, signature analyzer and logic analyzer, signal generator, distortion factor meter, spectrum analyzer.
Control SystemsBasic elements of control system, open and closed loop system, Concept of feedback, Block diagram of control system, Time lag, hysteresis, linearity concepts, and Self-regulating and non-self-regulating control systems. Transfer function of simple control components, single feedback configuration.
Time response of systems: Stability Analysis Characteristics equation, Routh’s table, Nyquist criterion, Relative stability, phase margin and gain margin. Routh Hurwitz criterion, root locus techniques, Bode plot, Power plot, Gain margin and phase margin.
MicroprocessorsTypical organization of a microcomputer system & functions of its various blocks; Architecture of a Microprocessors; Memories and I/O Interfacing; Brief idea of M/C assembly languages, Machines & Mnemonic codes; Instruction format and Addressing mode; Concept of Instruction set; Programming exercises In assembly language; concept of Interrupt; Data transfer techniques – sync data transfer, Interrupt driven data transfer, OMA, serial output data, serial input data.
ComputerComputer and its working, types of computers, familiarization with DOS and Windows, concept of file, directory, folder, Number Systems; Data representation; Programming – Elements of a high level programming· language, PASCAL, C:Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture, Processor design, Control unit design; memory organization. I/o system organization. Microprocessors- microprocessor architecture, instruction set and simple assembly level programming. Microprocessors based system-design: typical examples. Personal computers and their typical uses, data communication principles, types and working principles of modems, Network principles, OSI model, functions of data link layer and network layer, networking communications protocolsa-X.25, TCP/IP.
Database Management SystemBasic concepts, entity relationship model, relational model, DBMS based on relational model.
BSNL Exam Pattern - Junior Engineer (JE)BSNL JE Exams follows the pattern of All India Online Competitive Exam followed by preparation of Circle-wise Final Merit list. Thus, candidates are required to specify the Circle is which they prefer to work. Candidates should secure minimum qualifying score in each section. Candidature is made final and final call letter/appointment letter is issued only after completion of all formalities.
The pattern of the Exam will be multiple choice objective type with three sections. Check the pattern in the table below.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Part I||General Ability Test||20||20||3 hours|
|Part II||Basic Engineering||90||90|
BSNL Exam - JE - Educational QualificationThe candidates who are applying for the post of Junior Engineer (JE) should hold any one of the educational qualification specified below.
(i) Three years Engineering Diploma/B.Tech/B.E in any of the following disciplines, from a CentralGovt./State Govt. recognized Institution
- Information Technology
(ii) B. Sc. (Electronics) / B. Sc. (Computer Science)
(iii) M. Sc. (Electronics)
From a recognized University.
BSNL Admit Card
BSNL releases Admit Card for the respective Exams conducted in External and Internal mode. From the exams mentioned above, JTO (T) will not have any written exam thus no admit card is released for this post. For candidates taking up Junior Engineer Exam, Admit card will be released in the external recruitment site of BSNL. Admit Card is mandatory to sit for the Online Exam.
Recruitment ProcessBSNL is one of the largest telecom service provider and the only government based telecom industry. Recruitment for the services in BSNL is done in two major modes i.e. Internal and External. Internal mode of recruitment is for the employees already working with BSNL and internal exams are mainly for promotion to next level. External or Direct employment is the regular type of recruitment for New recruits. Separate site is maintained for each mode of recruitment and Official notifications are released in the respective sites.
BSNL - An OverviewBharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is the only telecom Service provider of the Nation. It is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in Delhi and started its operation in October 1, 2000. It took over the business from Central Government Departments of Telecom Services (DTS) and Telecom Operations (DTO) and provides telecom services and network management. BSNL focus to provide services in rural areas of the country and have reached even to the farthest places of the nation. In Mumbai and Delhi, telecom services are provided by MTNL.
Admit Card related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
General related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Result related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
Counselling related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Score card related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Rank List related Articles
Exam Schedule related Articles
Rejected List related Articles
Exam Analysis related Articles
Question Paper related Articles
Eligibility List related Articles
- JPSC civil judge Admit Card
- Janakpuri Super Speciality Hospital Society nursing officer Admit Card
- Madhya Pradesh High Court Law Clerk Admit Card
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation Limited senior officer Admit Card
- National Health Mission Andhra Pradesh Admit Card
- OPSC Admit Card
- TSSPDCL Admit Card
- TSSPDCL Admit Card
- MAHAGENCO technician Admit Card
- Rajasthan Cooperative Bank Admit Card
- Western Coalfields Limited Answer key
- Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation Answer key
- Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation Answer key
- MPSC Answer key
- WBPSC joint director of textiles Answer key
- Kerala PSC veo Answer key
- UKSSSC junior assistant Answer key
- DSSSB Answer key
- UPPCL je Answer key
- TNPSC Answer key
- MAHATET Application Form
- Indian Navy mr Application Form
- OSSSC forest guard Application Form
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan tet Application Form
- OPSC civil services Application Form
- The Science Engineering Research Board jest Application Form
- MAHATET Application Form
- IIFT Application Form
- Punjab School Education Board Application Form
- UP Board Application Form
- JIPMER Important Dates
- Gujarat High Court Important Dates
- WBPSC Important Dates
- AP SSC Board Important Dates
- HSSC Important Dates
- TNFUSRC forest watcher pst pet Important Dates
- APPSC group 1 services and forest range officer revised Important Dates
- NABARD assistant mains Important Dates
- APPSC group 1 main exam Important Dates
- SSC mts tier 2 Important Dates
- Rajasthan High Court group d Sample Papers
- CBSE class 10 social science Sample Papers
- TSCAB staff assistant previous paper Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- Teachers Recruitment Board pg assistant and ped grade i Sample Papers
- Cochin Shipyard Limited Project assistant Sample Papers
- RBI grade b Sample Papers
- CBSE class 12 biology Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- CBSE UGC ugc net Sample Papers
- Board of Secondary School Odisha Syllabus
- East Central Railway Syllabus
- RSMSSB patwari Syllabus
- Sikkim Public Service Commission Drug Inspector Syllabus
- FSSAI Syllabus
- Tamilnadu Teachers Recruitment board Syllabus
- CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
- Samagra Shiksha – Department of School Education ssa Syllabus
- RPSC Syllabus
- JIPMER pg Syllabus
- UKPSC Interview schedule
- Mysore University Project Fellow Interview schedule
- GPSC Microbiologist Interview schedule
- Vizag Steel Plant management trainee Interview schedule
- NHM Assam Interview schedule
- ESIC specialists grade II Interview schedule
- UPSC Interview schedule
- NHM Assam junior engineer Interview schedule
- CDAC Interview schedule
- BPSC lecturer Interview schedule
- IOCL DV Schedule
- TSPSC group 2 DV Schedule
- APSC Diet Lecturer DV Schedule
- RSMSSB DV Schedule
- Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited vidyut sahayak DV Schedule
- Odisha Public Service Commission DV Schedule
- RRB je DV Schedule
- ESIC nursing and paramedical DV Schedule
- Rajasthan Subordinate Ministerial Services Selection Board live stock assistant DV Schedule
- ESIC senior resident DV Schedule
- Allahabad High Court judicial service Rank List
- KAU Skilled Assistant Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Project assistant Rank List
- Malabar Cancer Centre stipendiary trainee Rank List
- KAU assistant professor Rank List
- Kerala PSC hsst english junior Rank List