AMIE 2018 latest notification is updated here instantly and check all essential information regarding AMIE 2018 in this page. Find the direct link for AMIE 2018 Application Form, Admit Card, Result here. Detailed info on AMIE Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern are provided here. Grasp important updates on AMIE immediately here. Make use of this valuable resource now.
Last modified:2018-09-11 09:18:57
Explore all essential details on AMIE Latest events now. Get to know everything about AMIE Course in this page. Check for AMIE ie., Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers, Eligibility Criteria for admission. Know AMIE Exam Structure, Time Period to complete AMIE course, latest Syllabus in this page.
AMIE course - OverviewAMIE (Full form - "Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers") is a professional certification granted by the organisation named “Institution of Engineers (India)”. AMIE certification is equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. degree in Engineering. This AMIE is the best choice for working aspirants in doing Engineering through Distance Education mode. Since this AMIE course does not demand any classroom attendance, eligible candidates can become a Graduate Engineer in the least possible time and expense.
This AMIE certification is recognized by all State Governments, Central Government, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), etc. Candidates who have passed AMIE examination can get opportunities for higher education as well as jobs in both Govt. and private sectors, just like a B.E or B.Tech holder.
AMIE course - Eligibility Criteria:Candidates who wish to join AMIE course must have any one of the following qualifications.
- A recognized 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering. (No restriction in marks)
- 10+2 level passed and secured at least 45% marks in total as well as 45% marks in aggregate in science subjects ie., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
IEI Related Pages updated on 22 Sep 2018
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
AMIE - Branches Available:Institution of Engineers (India) offers 15 engineering disciplines as AMIE course which are:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical And Materials Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Textile Engineering.
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Free Mock Test||Current Affairs|
|Railway Jobs||Bank Jobs||GK||Result|
Aspiring to study in Australia? Talk to experienced counselors and get your doubts cleared for FREE!!! Apply
Get Assured Job in Your Hometown, Opportunity to earn 1.80 - 2.20 Lakhs salary after training. Register Now !!!
AMIE Course Details:There are two sections, namely Section A and Section B, in AMIE examination. Section A is common for all candidates. Under Section B, a particular discipline of engineering has to be chosen from among the streams offered.
In Section A, there are 4 subjects (for candidates who passed Diploma) and 10 subjects (for candidates passed 10+2).
After passing Section A, the student will be admitted to appear for the Section B examination. This consists of 9 papers of which 6 are compulsory and 3 optional.
After passing minimum 5 papers of section-B in respective branch, the student will be admitted to appear for Project Work/ Laboratory experiments.
|Candidate’s Category||No. of subjects in Section A||No. of subjects in Section B||Total Sub.||Min. duration for passing||Max. Time|
|Candidate who passed 10+2||10||9 + Project Work/ Lab||19 + Lab & Project.||4 years||6 Years|
|Candidate who passed 3 Year's Diploma||4||9 + Project Work/ Lab||13 + Lab & Project.||3 or 4 years||6 Years|
When a student clears all subjects in both sections A and B he/she is said to have passed A.M.I.E examination and becomes a qualified graduate engineer.
AMIE Exam Details:
- A plus two holder has to study total 19 subjects and a Diploma holder should study just 13 papers to clear AMIE.
- The examinations are held twice every year, called Summer and Winter examinations, normally in June and December respectively (Generally from first Saturday).
- Each paper is conducted for 3 hours (unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the list of subjects).
- English is the medium of AMIE examinations. However, any candidate may opt for Hindi provided she/he has taken prior permission to this effect from IEI.
- A student is not allowed to appear in more than 4 subjects at a time.
- If he fails in one subject, he can appear the same subject again till he completely passes that subject.
- Project work and/or laboratory work can be carried out only after clearing 5 subjects of Section B.
- Additionally, person shall be employed and engaged in engineering activities during the course period.
- Sections A & B of AMIE Examinations are conducted in 65 Examination Centres across India and also in five overseas chapters (Kathmandu, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha and Kuwait).
Who can Apply for AMIE exam?All members (Technician/ Senior Technician/ Associate, etc) of Institution having valid membership number are eligible for appearing the AMIE examination.
If any candidate who are waiting for membership after submitting application form cannot apply before getting their membership number. However, a candidate who got their membership number and waiting for ID card, are also eligible for applying. Candidate will need to produce the ID card at the exam hall only.
AMIE Examination Fee:
|Examination Fee||For India and Nepal (in Rs.)||For Overseas Centres (in US $)|
|Section A (Non-Diploma Stream)||3000||225|
|Section A (Diploma Stream)||3000||225|
|Provisional Appearance (Section 'A' / 'B')||1500||150|
|Appearance in Additional Subject (per subject)||500||30|
Check the AMIE Fee details
How to apply for AMIE Examinations?The AMIE examination application form can be submitted through online or offline (by post) mode.
Apply for AMIE examination through online mode.
Application For Registration For Section 'B' AMIE Examination
Application For AMIE Examination Re-registration / Premature Re-registration
Procedure for AMIE Offline application:
- Download the AMIE application form
- Fill up that AMIE exam form. Don’t forget to enter correct DD details, various exam related codes
- Draw DD for exam fee. The DD must drawn in favour of "The Institution of Engineers (India)" payable at Kolkata.
- Write your ST/T number and name in the reverse side of DD.
- Choose your preferred examination center and note down code number of that center.
- Send the filled AMIE examination Application form to the following Address:
The Secretary & Director General
The Institution of Engineers (India)
8, Gokhale Road
The Institution of Engineers (India)
8, Gokhale Road
AMIE Admit Card:Students who have applied for AMIE examination can download their hall ticket from the direct link given below, about one week prior to examination and get the print out of the same. Students have to furnish the admit card as well as Membership card at the AMIE exam hall entrance.
Download AMIE admit card including roll number.
Get the Centre-wise Registration details for AMIE Examination.
AMIE Result:After Scrutiny, AMIE Result for Summer as well as Winter examinations are provisionally released. Candidates can check their AMIE result using the below provided direct links.
Check your AMIE exam result
Free Job Alert to your Email