AADHAR CARD 2018. Latest Updates, Notifications 18 September 2018
AADHAR CARD 2018 latest important updates with clear and detailed information are provided here, Candidates can check all essential details of AADHAR CARD 2018 instantly here and Through this AADHAR CARD schedule, candidates can make the strategy for the Preparation of exam. Direct Official Link for each recent Updates on AADHAR CARD is Provided in this Page. Find recent news of AADHAR CARD 2018 verified on September 18, 2018.
Last modified:2018-09-11 09:33:09
Acquire all information and new updates on Aadhar Card. Know all details regarding how to apply for new Aadhar Card and update Aadhaar details. For all the latest announcements on Aadhar Card, check this page. Get to know the benefits and importance of Aadhar Card. Stay aware of the needs of Aadhar Card.
Aadhaar Card - Overview:The Aadhar card is a biometric card that stores an individual's personal details in a Government database. Aadhar card is fast becoming the government's base for public welfare and citizen services. Aadhar Card become mandatory proof of identity card and address to every Citizens of India.
Aadhar is a Hindi word meaning ‘Foundation’ or ‘Base’. Aadhar is also known as a Unique Identification Number (UID Number), which is of 12 digit, issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the Government of India, to all Indian citizens based on their biometric and demographic data.
Synopsis of Aadhaar Card:
|Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India|
|Launched||28 January 2009|
|Issued by||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Key people||Nandan Nilekani|
|Tag Line||Mera Aadhaar, Meri Pehchaan|
|Act||Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits and services) Act, 2016|
General Related Pages updated on 18 Sep 2018
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST
MAT EXAM MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
SNAP APPLICATION FORM
TANCA TAMIL NADU COMMON ADMISSIONS COUNSELLING
TAMILNADU MBBS RANK LIST
JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM
UPCOMING BANK EXAMS
UP BOARD RESULT
NATIONAL PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT
PUNJAB BOARD PSEB 10TH 12TH
TAMIL NADU BOARD CLASS 10TH 12TH RESULT
NAGALAND BOARD NBSE CLASS 10TH 12TH RESULT
RAJASTHAN BOARD RBSE 10TH 12TH
JEECUP UP POLYTECHNIC
CLASS 12TH RESULT
BSEB 12TH RESULT BIHAR BOARD 12TH RESULT
PSEB 12TH RESULT PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD
JAC JHARKHAND BOARD 10TH 12TH RESULT
HBSE HARYANA BOARD 12TH RESULT
RBSE 12TH RESULT RAJASTHAN BOARD 12TH RESULT
DHE ODISHA PLUS 3 ADMISSION
Importance of Aadhaar Card:An Aadhaar card can be used as proof of identity, proof of address as well as proof of age when applying for any government service.
Aadhaar is not meant to replace existing identification documents like PAN, Passport, Ration Card, Driving License etc, but to eliminate the duplicate and fake identities of various identification. Aadhaar card is now universally acceptable government-issued card, without needing to register or apply for a separate card for each of the services, all government subsidies.
It will also serve as a basis for Know-Your-Customer norms by Banks, Financial Institutions and telecom companies that maintain personal profile. Aadhar Card is the best identification method for verification because it has individual’s Photo, scanned fingerprint, identity number and iris details (eyes scanning).
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Free Mock Test||Current Affairs|
|Railway Jobs||Bank Jobs||GK||Result|
Aspiring to study in Australia? Talk to experienced counselors and get your doubts cleared for FREE!!! Apply
Get Assured Job in Your Hometown, Opportunity to earn 1.80 - 2.20 Lakhs salary after training. Register Now !!!
Benefits of Aadhaar Card:Following are the various benefits of Aadhaar Card. Nowadays Aadhaar Card is mandatory:
- To get LPG subsidy amount directly in the bank account. This Direct Benefit Transfer (DBTL) scheme is named as PAHAL.
- To open the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) bank account, which is a free zero balance savings account.
- To get passport in just 10 days
- For sign-up process for DigiLocker, which is a digital locker system for everyone for storing all personal document on the government’s server.
- To get pension money on time
- To get a digital life certificate, which helps to continue getting pension without the hassle of physically going to the bank and submitting the life certificate. This reduces the need for physical legwork.
- For Easy Provident Fund disbursement
- To verify one’s income tax return
- Food & Nutrition - Public Distribution System, Food Security, Mid Day Meals, Integrated Child Development Scheme.
- Employment - Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana, Indira Awaaz Yojana, Prime Minister’s Employment Guarantee Program
- Education - Sarva Shikhsha Abhiyaan, Right to Education
- Inclusion & Social Security - Janani Suraksha Yojana, Development of Primitive Tribe Groups, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
- Healthcare - Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, Janashri Bima Yojana, Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
- Other miscellaneous purposes including Property Transactions, VoterID, PAN Card etc.
Aadhaar Card - Number Format:Aadhaar number is the 12 digit unique identification number. The first 11 digits of the 12 digit Aadhaar number displayed on your Aadhaar card is the actual UID Number and the 12th digit is meant as a check-digit to help prevent errors in data entry.
Details available in Aadhaar Card:The Aadhaar card displays the basic details of the person. These details include:
- The name of the person.
- The 12 digit Aadhar number.
- The enrolment number (EID)
- A photograph.
- The address of the person, as per the records.
- The person's date of birth.
- The person’s gender.
- A barcode that represents the Aadhar number itself.
Eligibility Criteria to get Aadhar Card:
- Any Indian citizen can apply for Aadhar card.
- Children below 3 years of age need not apply for Aadhar card.
- Non-resident Indians (NRIs) can also apply for the Aadhar card.
- Foreigners who are residing in India can also get the Aadhar card.
Information required to get Aadhar Card:
|Demographic information required:||
|Biometric Information required:||
For children below 5 years no biometrics will be captured. Their UID be processed on the basis of demographic information and facial photograph linked with the UID of their parents. These children will need to update their biometrics of ten fingers, iris and facial photograph, when they turn 5 and 15. Intimation to this effect will be mentioned in the original Aadhaar letter.
Documents required for getting Aadhaar Card:Each citizen must provide the supporting documents which are Proof of Identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA) document. UIDAI accepts 18 PoI and 35 PoA documents. Applicant can carry any or all of the following documents:
- Drivers licence
- Identity cards issued by the government
- Birth certificates
- SSLC certificates
- PAN card
- Voter identity card
How to Apply for new Aadhaar Card?There is no online method of getting enrolled for Aadhaar. Each citizen have to personally visit Aadhaar enrolment Center for getting yourself Enrolled as your Biometrics will be captured.
- First step for getting Aadhaar Card is to book an appointment at the Aadhaar enrolment centre. Click here to book appointment.
- Once the appointment is booked, the applicant will have to go to that Aadhaar enrolment centre with the appropriate document and also be asked to submit biometric data in the form of fingerprints and records of the iris.
- Upon successful verification you will receive a notification by SMS or an email informing you that your application has been successful. You can also check Aadhaar status, now.
- A short while after getting the message, the Aadhaar number will be generated and sent to your registered address. It takes up to 90 days for Aadhaar generation from the date of enrolment.
Aadhaar Updation or Correction:Any citizen who bought Aadhaar card can update Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Fingerprints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar.
Fee for Aadhaar Updation:For updation in Aadhaar, either Demographic or Biometric, you have to pay Rs. 25/- to the service provider each time you get your details updated.
How to update (change) details in Aadhaar card?There are three ways to update or correct your Aadhaar card details:
1. Update your Aadhaar details online
2. Request Aadhaar update by post
3. Visit the nearby enrolment centre
Aadhaar Updation through online:Only those individuals who have registered their valid mobile number with Aadhaar would be able to update it online. Since online transactions are OTP authenticated, registering your mobile number with Aadhaar becomes mandatory. Through online mode, you can update Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID in Aadhaar Card in 3 easy steps:
- STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar,
- STEP 2: Upload Documents and
- STEP 3: Select BPO Service Provider and submit request.
Aadhaar Updation Through Post:To update your Aadhaar details via post, you need to download the form online.
Download the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form
Check mark the field that needs to be updated on the top of the form, fill it out in English and the local language. Fill out the fields that require update/correction. Duly filled application form along with the self-attested supporting documents needs to be sent to UIDAI at the below provided address. Mark the envelope as "Aadhaar Update/Correction" on top.
Post Box No. 10
Madhya Pradesh- 480001
Post Box No. 99
Aadhaar Updation by Visiting Permanent Enrolment Center:First make appointment in Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Center. By visiting Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Center, you can update both demographics (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile & Email) & biometrics (Fingerprints, Iris & Photograph) information in Aadhaar Card. You need to carry original documents for updation at enrolment centre.
About UIDAI:UIDAI Stands for Unique Identification Authority of India. Every Indian citizen’s Unique Identification Data is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is a statutory authority established on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). The first UID number was issued on 29 September 2010 to residents of Nandurbar, Maharashtra. Under the Aadhaar Act 2016, UIDAI is responsible for Aadhaar enrolment and authentication, including operation and management of all stages of Aadhaar life cycle, developing the policy, procedure and system for issuing Aadhaar numbers to individuals and so on.
Now, Aadhaar Card must for competitive exams:Aadhar Card has become one essential Identity Proof for all Students appearing in Board Examinations as well as Competitive Examinations like UPSC, JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, NEET, IBPS, State PSC, RBI, Railway Exams, even CAT, NET and more. A recent notification from CBSE has mandated the use of Aadhar Card for registrations for JEE Mains and even for the Class 10, Class 12 Board Examinations.
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra, announced that Aadhar Card or Aadhar Number is mandatory for the students who are going to appear for MHT-CET. The candidates have to submit the Aadhar Card along with the other required documents at the time of counselling process.
The candidates those who don't have an Aadhar Card should enroll for it soon so that they do not face any trouble in future.
Free Job Alert to your Email