Senior Economist jobs in Chennai at IOB - APPLY NOW
Last updated: May 01, 2021 13:44 PM | Lavanya
|Company Name||IOB Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Senior Economist Jobs|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Salary||Rs. 100,000 /-Per Month|
|Job Location||Chennai Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||07/05/2021|
|Similar Jobs||Tamil Nadu Govt Jobs|
Advt No.: IOB/HRDD/CONTRACT RECT/01/2021-22
Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with Headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad, invites applications from eligible candidates, for Recruitment of Senior Economist on Contract Basis. Please read this advertisement carefully and ensure the eligibility before submitting online application/ payment of Postage/Intimation charges.
1. Post: Senior Economist on Contract Basis
2. Vacancies: 01
3. Job description: The Senior Economist will be responsible for providing strategic inputs to the top management of the Bank. He/ She will be required to analyse and evaluate economic and financial indicators of national and international level and assess their impact on various markets and asset classes. He /She may also work on costs incurred by the bank on specific line of activities and the returns expected from such activities.
4. Qualification: Minimum Post Graduate in Economics with specialization in monetary / financial econometrics from a recognized Indian / Foreign University / Institute. Preference will be given to candidates with doctorate degree in areas of Money Banking & International Finance.
5. Work Experience: Minimum 10 years work experience as an economist in a Commercial Bank / Financial Institution or other reputed Corporate Organization or Teaching experience as Lecturer/ Professor in Economics in a College / University or combined experience as an economist and in teaching. -Should possess excellent communication skills. -Contribution to leading publications and participation in various economic fairs will be an added advantage.
6. Remuneration: Consolidated Pay of Rs. 1,00,000/- per month, all-inclusive, subject to deduction of taxes.
7. Other Facilities: In case of travel on outstation duty, eligible Traveling, Halting allowance at par with Officers in SMG Scale IV of our Bank shall be paid.
8. Contract Tenure: The term of office of the holder for the post shall be for 3 years, initially, extendable at the discretion of the Bank. The contract can be terminated at one month’s notice on either side or salary and allowances in lieu thereof.
9. Place of Posting: Central Office, Chennai.
Procedure for applying online
a) Candidates are first required to go to the Bank's website www.iob.in and click on the "Careers" Page to open the link Recruitment of Senior Economist on Contract Basis and then click on the Apply Online link.
b) Candidate has to first Register Online by clicking Click here to Register Online
c) On successful registration, E-mail will be sent to the candidates along with the Registration Number and Password for applying Online. Candidates should note this Unique Registration Number and Password for future reference failing which they will not be able to proceed further. d) Now, Candidates have to Click the menu Click here to Apply Online.
e) Candidates will have to enter all the required details in the online application form.
f) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (I).
g) Candidates should fill in the details in the Online Application at appropriate places very carefully and click on the "SUBMIT" button at the end of the Online Application format. Before pressing the "SUBMIT" button, candidates are advised to verify that every field is filled in the application using the "RECHECK"/ PREVIEW button. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
h) On successful submission of the Online Application form, a message Application Successfully Submitted will be displayed.
i) Next, Click Upload Relevant Documents Menu to upload the Birth Certificate / Degree (UG / PG) / Work Experience Certificate / No Objection Certificate (if applicable) from Employer.
j) Candidates should take a printout of the system generated submitted Online application form by clicking the Print your Application link & save the printed application form for future reference.
1. Candidates are required to apply only 'ONLINE'. Any other form of application shall be rejected.
2. Incomplete applications / Applications without supporting documents will be rejected outright.
3. All candidates will have to produce, if called for interview, originals as well as attested photocopies of documents in support of their eligibility such as age, educational qualification, experience or any other required certificate, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
4. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria and who do not produce (for any reason) the originals as well as attested photocopies of all documents required to be submitted as advised in this notification and Interview call letter, whomsoever, shall not be permitted to attend the Interview, even though they possess the desired level of qualification, experience etc., and have been called for Interview.
5. Candidates serving in Government / Quasi Government Offices / Public Sector Undertakings including Nationalised Banks, Financial Institutions will be required to submit "No Objection Certificate" from the employer at the time of interview failing which the candidature may not be considered.
6. Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility, selection etc. of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. Further, the Bank reserves right to stall / cancel the recruitment partially / fully at any stage during the recruitment process at its discretion, which will be final and binding on the candidate.
7. No representation/ correspondence or personal enquires shall be entertained by the Bank.
8. In case of any dispute on account of interpretation in any version other than English, the English version shall prevail.
9. Any dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of courts situated at Chennai.
10. The Bank may, at its discretion, add/change the selection methodology.
11. Candidates uploading more than one application for any reason will be treated as ineligible.
12. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. Candidates in their own interest are advised to submit their applications well in time before the last date for submission. The Bank does not assume any responsibility for late receipt of applications submitted by the candidates.
Selection Procedure :
1. After scrutiny of the online applications received, only eligible candidates will be called for Personal Interview. Short-listing for interview will be on the basis of the details provided by the candidates (regarding educational qualification and work experience) in the online application.
2. The Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process, if he / she is found to be ineligible and / or furnished incorrect or false information / certificates / documents or has suppressed any material facts; and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited. Bank reserves the right to shortlist requisite number of candidates based on the academic track record of the candidate, experience and suitability of the candidates, as decided by the Bank and only those shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview or for any other process as decided by the Bank.
3. The interview venue, time & date for Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the Interview call letter and candidates have to attend the same at their own cost. The call letter will be sent by email only. The details of shortlisted candidates for Interview or any other process will be hosted in our website. Request for change of Centre will not be entertained. However, the Bank reserves its right to change / add / cancel the selection process & schedule at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any. Change, if any, will be announced in our Bank's website / by email.
4. Bank will not be responsible for late receipt / non receipt of any communication from the Bank. Hence, candidates are requested to check their email and Bank's website regularly, to keep track of the process. The Interview process will carry an aggregate of 100 Marks and will be on aspects like 1) Subject Knowledge, 2) Communication Skills 3) Presentation & Attitude. Final selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Interview process and will be according to the merit ranking.
5. The Tentative date for the Personal Interview or Interview through Video Conference for the shortlisted candidates would be displayed in www.iob.in.
How to Apply :
1. Before applying online, candidates should:
a) Go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) available under the title "Recruitment of Senior Economist on Contract Basis" in our website www.iob.in under "Careers" page and ensure candidate's eligibility before applying for the said post.
b) Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in I to this advertisement.
c) Scan the following documents in PDF format with each size less than 200KB
1. Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate for Proof of Date of Birth (Mandatory to upload)
2. Final Degree Certificate / Consolidated Mark Sheet in respect of passing Graduation / PG / Professional Courses (as single PDF file in case of completion of multiple degrees) (Mandatory to upload)
3. Work Experience Certificate (Mandatory to upload)
4. No Objection Certificate from Employer, if applicable.
d) Keep the necessary details/documents ready for Online Payment of the requisite Intimation charges. e) Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active throughout the entire recruitment process. Bank may send call letters for the Interview/Final Selection etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying Online and must maintain that email account.
2. Last date for online submission of applications with fee for all candidates has been extended. Extended last date for online submission of applications with fee: 07.05.2021 (23.59 hrs IST)
(Ref: Advt No.: IOB/HRDD/CONTRACT RECT/01/2021-22 dated 18.04.2021)
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from IOB, please click on the Apply Now button below.