Presidency University Job Notification 2021 - Junior Research Fellow/ Project Assistant Vacancy - Apply Now
Last updated: Jan 27, 2021 18:28 PM | Sruthi
|Company Name||Presidency University Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Junior Research Fellow/ Project Assistant Jobs|
|No of Posts||Various|
|Job Location||Kolkata Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||30/01/2021|
|Similar Jobs||West Bengal Govt Jobs|
Advertisement for Online Interview for a Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant Position for a SERB Funded Project at the Department of Physics dated 27/01/2021. Applications are invited from motivated and eligible Indian citizens for a position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB funded research project entitled “ Studying the Sunyaev Zeldovich Effect from Quasar Feedback” at the department of physics at Presidency University. The successful applicant will work with the PI Dr. Suchetana Chatterjee.
1. Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant
2. Minimum qualifications : M.Sc or equivalent in Physics or Astrophysics with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA (6.0).v
3. Essential qualifications for JRF : CSIR-UGC NET (including lecturership) or GATE or JEST. Candidates who have worked as a JRF for at least two years will be eligible for the SRF scale , subject to verification and declaration from the PI under whom the work has been carried out.
4. Following qualifications are highly desirable:
a) Previous research and/or coursework in astrophysics
b) Evidence of solid ability of scientific communications in english through presentations in conferences and published research work
c) Previous experience in working with cosmological simulations and/or astrophysical datasets
5. Job description: The fellow will extensively work with cosmological simulations and develop mock observational pipelines for studying the Sunyaev-Zeldovich (SZ) effect from quasars . In addition the fellow will work on analysing astrophysical datasets to compare the observational results with theory. The fellow will have to present their work in national and international conferences and publish the research work in research journals in the discipline.
6. Duration of project : Three years or duration of the project (subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds )
a) JRF: Rs.31,000/- for 1st & 2nd year +24% HRA, Rs.35,000/- from 3rd year +24% HRA
b) SRF: Rs.35,000/ +24% HRA
c) Project Assistant: Rs.14,000/- for 1st & 2nd year +24% HRARs.16,000/- from 3rd year +24% HRA
8. Enrolling for Ph.D: The selected candidate may be allowed to enroll for the Ph.D. program as per university rules.
All the terms & conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of the DST-SERB and Presidency University Kolkata.
Selection Procedure :
Feb 1st 2021, in online platform (zoom/google meet) The exact time and interview schedule will be communicated to the candidates.
How to Apply :
The candidate must email
i) Their current CV with a cover letter providing their contact number as well as their personal email id
ii) A 400-word write-up about previous research work latest by Jan 30th 2021.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from Presidency University, please click on the Apply Now button below.