Medical Consultant Jobs in Shimla For MBBS at RBI - Apply Now
Last updated: Jul 23, 2021 09:46 AM | Abisha
|Company Name||RBI Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Medical Consultant Jobs|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Job Location||Shimla Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||12/08/2021|
|Similar Jobs||Himachal Pradesh Govt Jobs|
Engagement of Medical Consultant on Contract Basis with Fixed Hourly Remuneration at Reserve Bank of India, Shimla
Reserve Bank of India, Shimla invites application for the appointment on one vacancy (Unreserved Category) of Part-time Bank Medical Consultant on contract basis from applicants possessing MBBS degree of any recognised university in the Allopathic system of medicine with at least 2 years of experience practising medicine in any Hospital or Clinic for Reserve Bank of India (RBI / the Bank) at its office premises at 40, SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla – 171009
1. Post Name: Medical Consultant
2. No of Post: 01
i. Applicant should at a minimum, possess MBBS degree of any recognized University in the allopathic system of medicine,
ii. Applicant should have a minimum of 02 (two) years’ of experience practising medicine in any hospital or clinic,
iii. Applicants should have their own dispensary/ residence within a radius of 3 - 5 Kms from Reserve Bank of India, 40, SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla – 171 009,
iv. The remuneration of the Medical Consultant on contract basis will be fixed with reference to the actual duty hours performed and will be all inclusive,
v. The terms of engagement will be for a period of (03) three years and on completion of the same, there will not be any renewal of engagement.
4. Location: Reserve Bank of India, 40, SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla – 171 009
5. Working Hours: Timing will be decided mutually and as suitable for both the parties Total duty hours: One hour daily Maximum 5 (five) hours per week
(i) 1000/- per hour for the number of hours for which service is rendered, during 3 years of contractual services.
(ii) Out of the total monthly remuneration a sum of ₹1,000/- per month may be treated as conveyance expenses.
(iii) Reimbursement of mobile charge of ₹1000/- (Per month) will also be provided.
7. The Reserve Bank of India reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours and location of office premises at its discretion in case it becomes expedient to suit administrative and operational requirements.
Code of Conduct for Medical Consultants whose services are engaged on contract basis with fixed remuneration
1. Every Medical Consultant shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to him by any person or persons under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Medical Consultant shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank's affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank's Staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a Superior Officer of the Bank in the discharge of his duties.
3. Every Medical Consultant shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his utmost endeavour to promote the interests of the Bank, and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Medical Consultant shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration, or stand for election as member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
5. No Medical Consultant shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any trade union or a federation of such trade union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
6. No Medical Consultant shall contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his possession in his capacity as Medical Consultant of the Bank.
7. A Medical Consultant shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
8. A Medical Consultant shall not absent from his duties without the permission from the Bank and without making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
9. A Medical Consultant shall not outsource his service to the Bank.
10. A Medical Consultant shall:
strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which he may, for the time being, happen to be;
not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall also take care that performance of his duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug;
not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication;
not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term "public place" would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
11. No Medical Consultant shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any woman employee at work place.
Explanation: For this purpose, "Sexual Harassment" shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, whether directly or by implication as:
physical contact and advances,
demand or request for sexual favours,
sexually coloured remarks,
any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
12. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Medical Consultant is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
13. Medical Consultant shall not give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for the referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. You shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
14. The provision at 13 above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by him or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study / work.
15. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Medical consultant commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.
Scope of Work and Terms and Conditions of Contract of Banks Medical Consultant:
1. The Medical Consultant has to attend to the Reserve Bank of India, 40 SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla-171 009 with duty hours to be mutually decided on week days (Monday to Friday) excluding Bank’s holiday except days declared as holidays for purpose of half yearly closing and annual closing subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days.
2. To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff including touring staff of the Bank, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members /
i. their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during that time (the timings and/or duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). Medical Consultant will be available for consultation free of charge at his/her private clinic in urgent cases in respect of employees of the Bank at any time.
3. To provide the facilities referred to in paragraph 2 above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them and facilitate recovery of charges from the employees for credit to the Bank’s account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
4. To ensure that the qualifications that are held or acquired in future do not restrict in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner and as per any stipulations by the Indian Medical Association, the qualifications that hold or acquire as the case may be, comes into conflict with the
i. Bank’s requirements as indicated above, to work as a general practitioner, he/he will be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same. The liabilities of the appointed Medical Consultant will be that of an independent contractor and not that of an agent of the Bank.
5. The duties at the RBI dispensary will include, apart from other requirements as mentioned above:
Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call on you.
Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or in the Bank's premises or outside the Bank's premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside his/her normal working hours.
Administration of all types of injections with the responsibility for any untoward reaction if it occurs. As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in absence of Bank’s Medical Consultant is to be discouraged. To train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the work is heavy.
Handling the important dressings and minor surgeries
6. To visit any member of the Bank's Staff at their residence, whenever required to do so by the Bank, and submit a report on their health. For such visits, visit fees as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank will be paid.
7. To issue certificate in support of leave on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, after satisfying about the genuineness of the case.
8. To attend on officers and members of their family at their residence when required by them and Bank’s Medical Consultant will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions. The visit fee/consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges should be levied by Bank’s Medical Consultant for such visits.
9. If and when required to do so, to certify in such form as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state of health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
10. To issue order forms/ credit slip (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/ costly drugs/ medicines or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank's staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
11. To use his/her good offices for securing hospital facilities in case the employees of the Bank or their families (for indoor hospitalization under Direct Settlement facility Scheme) require such facilities in the hospital.
12. To inspect the Office premises, Staff Quarters, and Officers’ Quarters once a month and report whether they are kept in a sanitary and hygienic condition.
13. To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
14. To submit an annual report every year, in the prescribed form on the general health of the staff.
15. Bank’s Medical Consultant will be responsible for the proper storage of medicines and their distribution and arranging the maintenance of all necessary records for the purpose.
16. To advise on drug indents, and to counter check the drug stock– balance and consumption.
17. To give professional opinion including reasonableness of the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the same are referred to him/her.
18. To attend to any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time relating to administration of Bank's Medical Facilities Scheme and Medical Assistance Fund Scheme including dispensary facility as are generally performed / required to be performed by a General Medical Practitioner.
19. The remuneration is fixed at ₹1000/- per hour for the entire contract period of three (03) years. The fixed remuneration is payable on a monthly basis. Further, no superannuation benefits, viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity will be payable. No leave would be admissible. No perquisites/facilities would also be made available. If required to attend to the office on any public holiday, compensation @ ₹1000/- per hour would be paid.
20. In the event of Bank Medical Consultant’s absenting from duty, to make substitute arrangements acceptable to the Bank viz; in terms of qualification and experience, at Bank Medical Consultant’s own risk and cost.
21. Bank Medical Consultant will be under the administrative control of the Regional Director/ General Manager-in-Charge, Reserve Bank of India, Shimla.
22. The contract will be valid for a period of three years as per the date of issue of formal letter by the Bank in this regard, subject to his/her accepting the above scope of work and terms and conditions in and observing the code of conduct of the Bank as given in
23. The engagement under the contract is temporary. No claim shall lie for regular employment on that basis at any stage or for pay and perks payable to regular employees of the Bank.
24. To review the Annual Health Check-up Report of the employees of the Bank including the spouse, done under the Annual Health Check-up Scheme of the Bank.
25. To adhere to the code of conduct as given in the following scope of work and terms and conditions.
26. The contract may be terminated during the period of the contract, on three months’ notice on either side or three months’ remuneration in lieu thereof.
27. Any dispute relating to appointment or on account of the contract shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at SHIMLA only.
Selection Procedure :
i. Selection will be made through interview of eligible candidates. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. The Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants not called for interview.
ii. Applicants shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination tests and other document verification process before engagement as Medical Consultant (MC).
iii. Candidates selected for the panel will be appointed for the post as and when they fall vacant subject to their being found medically fit and then acceptance of Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct
iv. The selected applicant has to sign Contract with the Bank before engagement as Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
How to Apply :
1. Reserve Bank of India, Shimla invites application for the appointment at 40, SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla – 171009 so as to reach the General Manager-in-Charge, Reserve Bank of India, 40, SDA Complex, Kasumpti, Shimla – 171009 on or before 03:00 pm on August 12, 2021.
2. The detailed application form may be downloaded from the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in under “Opportunities@RBI/Current Vacancies/Vacancies” from July 23, 2021 till August 12, 2021 or may be collected free of cost from Reserve Bank of India, Shimla on all working days.
3. Interested and eligible candidates may please make an application in the prescribed format. The application should be sent in a cover superscribed "Application for Engagement as Medical Consultant on Contract Basis”
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
Click Official Notification button to read about job notification from RBI.To Apply for the job posting from RBI, please click on the Apply Now button below.