- Govt Jobs
- Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad Recruitment 2021
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad Jobs 2021 - Assistant Systems Engineer Vacancy - Apply Soon
IIT (ISM) Dhanbad Jobs 2021 - Assistant Systems Engineer Vacancy - Apply Soon
Last updated: Feb 06, 2021 10:21 AM | Sruthi
|Company Name||Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Assistant Systems Engineer Jobs|
|No of Posts||4 Posts|
|Job Location||Dhanbad Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||20/03/2021|
|Similar Jobs||Jharkhand Govt Jobs|
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad formerly known as Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad established in 1926 offers 4 yr. B.Tech., 3 yr. M.Sc. Tech., 2 yr. M.Sc., 5 yr. Integrated M.Sc. (Tech.)/M.Tech., 5 yr. Dual Degree (B.Tech. & M. Tech./MBA), 2 yr. M.B.A., 2 yr. M.Tech., full time and part time Ph. D. courses/programmes in Engineering and Basic/ Earth/Social/Applied Sciences, Humanities and Management disciplines. Other details regarding the Institute and its activities may be obtained from its website www.iitism.ac.in. The Institute invites application from Indian Nationals for appointment for the following non-teaching posts:
1. Name of the post: Assistant Systems Engineer
2. No. of Vacancy: 04
3. Level in the Pay Matrix: Level - 10
4. Educational Qualifications and Experience: 1st class B.Tech in CSE /M.Sc (IT) /MCA or equivalent with 6 years of relevant experience$ in Govt.Org./institute and/or reputed Computer Organisation/ Industry OR First Class M.E. /M. Tech in CSE with 4 years’ of relevant experience$ Govt. Org./institute and/or reputed Computer Organisation/ Industry.
5. Relevant Experience for the post of Assistant Systems Engineer:
a) Desirable Skills and Experience: Sound knowledge and Experience of System administration in Unix/Linux; Maintenance and upgradation of Linux kernel. Understanding of server system hardware and Linux system internals; Sound knowledge of open source software like Moodle, Open LDAP, Apache Server, Tomcat, Mail Server etc.; systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. Experience in scripting and automation tools. A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans Knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
b) Desirable Certification:
1. Oracle Linux System Administrator (Oracle)
2. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
3. CompTIA Server+
6. Assistant Systems Engineer (1 post for Network Administration):
a) Desirable Skills and Experience: Strong knowledge of networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. To have the analytical skills to understand where a problem is originating from. Comprehensive knowledge of network protocols and services. A proven track record of designing/maintaining/securing campus network. Troubleshooting skills of network functions such as security, servers, and routing. Being able to collaborate with other members of staff and work as a team to achieve institute’s goals.
b) Desirable Certification:
1. CCIE (Cisco)
2. CCNP (Cisco)
3. Network+ (CompTIA)
4. Certified Wireless Network Professional (CWNP)
5. WCNA (Wireshark)
7. Assistant Systems Engineer (1 post for HPC and Cloud Management):
a) Desirable Skills and Experience: Experience of integrating systems or designing solutions for HPC workloads, cloud administration, Cloud Migration and Deployment within Multi-Cloud Environments, Management of VMs in cloud environment Experience of creating and maintaining Virtual Environments. Experience and sound knowledge of VMWare Management (Migration, HA Mode, PSC, Vcenter appliance Mgmt, P2V,V2V).
i) Sound knowledge of various OS like CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu Linux as well as Windows. Experience and sound knowledge of Backup and Storage Management (Backup VM, Application, file system and Restoration). Working knowledge and Experience of Programming/Scripting capabilities in languages such as PHP, Python and C/C++.
ii) Experience of troubleshooting system problems – software and hardware. Experience with system management, monitoring/alerting tools. Understanding of Git, Github, or other version control system. Knowledge of parallel processing (problem decomposition and work distribution), parallel programming, computer architectures and clusters would be valuable. Experience and knowledge on Deep Learning libraries would be valuable.
b) Desirable Certification: Certificate in LINUX etc., such as
1. Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or
2. Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA), or
3. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or
4. VMware Certified Technical Associate (VCTA) or
5. VMware Certified Professional(VCP)
6. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification
7. IBM Certified Solution Architect
8. Assistant Systems Engineer (1 post for IT Security):
a) Desirable Skills and Experience: Sound knowledge and Experience in Penetration Testing and fixing such issues. Sound knowledge and Experience in conducting VAPT of websites, Web applications, and network devices; Experience in security incident and event management, threat hunting, penetration testing and/or securing software development lifecycles (SDLC). Experience in design and architecture of cyber security and networking Experience of working in a team.
b) Desirable Certification:
1. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or
2. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM). or.
3. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
1. Applications received after the closing dates and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
2. The applicants should keep visiting the website of the Institute for any information related to the recruitment process.
3. Institute reserves its rights to decide the method of Selection Process depending upon the number of applications/shortlisted candidates.
4. The candidates applying for the post(s) should ensure that they meet all the eligibility conditions. If at any stage it is found that the candidate is not meeting the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be summarily rejected.
General Instructions to the Candidates
1. Age relaxation for SC, ST, OBC and Divyang candidates against reserved posts shall be admissible as per Government of India Norms
2. In the case of candidates who have served the Institute or other IITs/NITs/CFTIs etc. for at least three years on a regular post, the maximum age limit may be relaxed by 5 years. (No age relaxation for the employees from private organisations shall be admissible under this clause) Age relaxation as per GoI norms shall also be admissible to the regular employees of Central/State Governments; Ex-Servicemen etc.
3. (a) The Institute reserves its right to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for selection process.
(b) Fulfillment of qualifications per-se does not entitle a candidate to be called for selection process.
(c) The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the posts, cancel the Advt. in whole or in part without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard shall be final.
4. (a) The SC/ST/ OBCs-NCL are required to attach a copy of the Caste Certificate with the application in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India [A copy of the same certificate shall be collected before the interview (wherever applicable), failing which the candidate concerned may not be allowed for his/ her personal interview.
(b) OBCs-NCL certificate issued only after 31.03.2020 will be considered.
(c) The Institute follows the reservation norms as per GOI rules for SC/ ST/ OBC/EWS and Divyangs. Central Govt. approved list of SC, ST and OBC categories is applicable at IIT (ISM), Dhanbad.
5. The closing date for submission of application shall be considered the cut-off date for age, educational qualification and experience etc.
6. The Institute reserves the right to assign/ transfer the selected candidates to any section/department within the Institute and appointments will be offered accordingly.
7. (a) The Institute reserves the right to relax experience in the case of candidates serving in Government Departments/ IITs/ NITs/ Central Autonomous Bodies in analogous positions.
(b) Higher initial basic pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidate(s).
8. No TA will be paid for written/Computer/skill tests.
9. The candidates recommended for interview will be paid for the train journey by AC-III Tier by the shortest direct route on submission of claim and tickets.
10. Legal disputes, if any, regarding the above will be restricted within the jurisdiction of Dhanbad only
11. Recruitment Fee and mode of payment: Recruitment fee Rs. 1000/- to be paid through SBI collect link available on the website of the Institute https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=272342 and the payment details are to be filled in the application form.
Selection Procedure :
1. Step I: Written Test - 80 marks
2. Step II: Skill/Computer Proficiency Test - 20 marks
3. Total - 100 marks
The Committee constituted to conduct the Written Test and Trade Test/ Computer Test will decide the minimum qualifying marks for Written & Computer Test. Only the candidates who will qualify the Written & Computer Test (step I&II) will be called for Presentation & Interview of the selection process. The final selection will be on the basis of presentation and interview before the Selection Committee.
How to Apply :
Application is required to be submitted online latest by 20th March, 2021 using the Non-Faculty Recruitment module available on the link https://nfr.iitism.ac.in/index.php/recruitment/User_login
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, please click on the Apply Now button below.