Chief Economist Jobs in Mumbai at Bank of Baroda - Apply Now
Last updated: Jul 23, 2021 15:19 PM | Abisha
|Company Name||Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Chief Economist Jobs|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Job Location||Mumbai Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||12/08/2021|
|Similar Jobs||Maharashtra Govt Jobs|
Recruitment Of Chief Economist On Fixed Term Engagement On Contract Basis Join India’s International Bank For A Challenging Assignment
1. Post Name: Chief Economist
2. No. of vacancy: 01
3. Educational Qualification: A Master’s Degree in Economics with specialization in monetary economics or Econometrics from a recognized Indian / Foreign University. Doctorate degree in Economics / Banking / Finance from a recognized University will be preferable
4. Work Experience:
Minimum 10 years of experience of working as Economist in a Commercial Bank / Financial Institution or other reputed Corporate / Rating Agencies / Organizations or Teaching Experience in Economics in a college / University. Publication in leading financial journals / books will be an added advantage.
5. Compensation: Remuneration will be offered based on candidate’s qualifications, experience and overall suitability for the post, and shall not be a limiting factor for suitable candidates.
6. Nature of Engagement: Contractual Engagement.
7. Tenure of Engagement: 3 years, extendable at the option of the Bank or till attaining the age of 62 years, whichever earlier
8. Location of Posting: The location of posting shall be Mumbai. The candidate may be deputed to work with the team(s) within the Bank/ any subsidiary of the Bank, if deemed necessary.
9. Credit History: The candidate applying for the above positions shall ensure that, they maintain a healthy Credit history and shall have a minimum CIBIL score of 650 or above at the time of joining. The minimum credit score will be as per the Banks policy, amended from time to time.
10. Role & Responsibilities
i. Leading a team at Economic Intelligence Unit at the Bank’s Corporate Centre, Mumbai.
ii. Providing strategic inputs on macroeconomic and banking developments - India and global to the Top Management of the Bank.
iii. Providing inputs on strategy and policy of the Bank based on macroeconomic developments. He / She will also be responsible for maintaining Investors’ Relations function.
iv. Pivotal role in policy formulation, analysis and communicating to the outside world and has to be well conversant in Banking / financial / investment / economic policy domain.
v. Periodic analysis & presentation of the business profile of the Bank to its Stakeholders, Media and Public.
vi. Any other assignment as may be assigned by the Bank from time to time
11. Job Specific Skills:
i. Should possess expertise and in depth understanding of Domestic & Foreign Economic scenario, macroeconomic indicators, structural changes in the economy.
ii. Understanding of Govt economic policies, laws and regulations, fiscal and monetary policies etc. which plays important role in the growth of the Bank.
iii. Understanding of Econometrics modelling, forecasting and analysis.
iv. Possess excellent presentation / communication - verbal and written skills with analytical insights into banking / economic issues.
v. Should have strategic leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Please Note That:
1. Candidates are advised to check Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.co.in/careers.htm (Current Opportunities) regularly for details and updates. Call letters/advices, where required will be sent by e-mail only. All revisions/corrigendum(if any) will be hosted on the Bank’s website only
2. All correspondence will be made only on the email ID mentioned by the candidate in their online application form and the same has to be kept active for receiving communication viz., call letters/Interview Dates/advices etc.
3. The process of Registration of application is complete only when fee is deposited with the Bank through On-line mode on or before the last date for fee payment. Candidates are requested to note down the acknowledgement number for their reference.
4. Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post as on the date of eligibility. Short-listing and interview / selection method will be purely provisional without verification of documents. Candidature will be subject to verification of details/documents as and when called by the Bank.
5. Post qualification experience below 6 months in any organization would not be considered
i) The selected candidate will be required to sign an employment contract.
ii) Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for as on the cut-off date (01.07.2021) and also ensure that the particulars furnished by him/her are correct in all respects.
iii) In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (complete) application will be retained. Multiple appearance by a candidate for a single post in interview will be summarily rejected/candidature cancelled.
iv) Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions are advised to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered. In case of selection, candidates will be required to produce relieving letter from the employer at the time of taking up the engagement and clearance from the respective authorities, wherever applicable.
v) In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is / are detected even after appointment, his /her services are liable to be terminated without notice.
vi) Decisions of bank in all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of interviews, other tests and selection would be final and binding on all candidates. No representation or correspondence will be entertained by the bank in this regard.
vii) Intimations, wherever required will be sent by email and/ sms only to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form. Bank shall not be responsible if the information/ intimations do not reach candidates in
case of change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise, beyond the control of Bank. Candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the authorized Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.co.in for latest updates.
viii) Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/tribunals/forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
Selection Procedure :
1. Selection will be based on short listing and subsequent round of Personal Interview and/or any other selection method.
2. Bank reserves the right to change (cancel/ modify/ add) any of the criteria, method of selection and provisional allotment etc.
3. The Bank reserves its right to call candidates in a particular ratio, at its sole discretion, as per the Banks requirement.
4. Adequate candidates as decided by the Bank will be shortlisted based on their qualification, experience and overall suitability for Interview. Most suitable candidates will be called for the selection process (PI/any other selection method) and merely applying / being eligible for the post does not entitle the candidate to be eligible for the selection process.
5. The qualifying marks in Interview/selection procedure will be decided by the Bank.
6. A candidate should qualify in all the processes of selection i.e. PI and/or other selection method (as the case may be) and should be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent process.
7. In case more than one candidate scores the cut off marks (common mark at cut off point), such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order.
How to Apply :
1. Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID and Contact Number. It should be kept active till completion of this recruitment project.
2. Bank may send call letters for Personal interview and/or Selection Process on the registered Email ID. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/ her new email ID before applying.
3. Online Registration of Application starts from : 23.07.2021
4. Last date for Online Registration of Application & Payment of fees: 12.08.2021
5. Guidelines For Filling Online Application
i. Candidates should visit Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.co.in/Careers.htm and register themselves online in the appropriate Online Application Format, available through the link being enabled on the Career Page -> Current Opportunities on the Bank’s website & pay the application fee using Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking etc.
ii. Candidates need to upload their Bio-data while filling online application. Candidates are also required to upload their scanned photograph, signature and other documents related their eligibility. Please refer to Annexure II regarding scanning of photograph & signature and upload of documents.
iii. Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
a. No change is permitted after clicking on SUBMIT button. Visually Impaired candidates will be responsible for getting the details filled in/carefully verifying, in the online application and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
iv. The name of the candidate should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/ mark sheets. Any change/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
v. An online application which is incomplete in any respect and unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
vi. Candidates shall also be required to submit supporting documents such as DOB Proof, Graduation Certificate, Other Certifications, Experience Letter, Document showing Break up of CTC, Latest Salary Slip (e.g. June/July2021), etc. at the time of submitting the online application form
vii. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam
viii. Bank of Baroda does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of Bank of Baroda.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from Bank of Baroda, please click on the Apply Now button below.