Assistant Professor Jobs in Mumbai at TISS - Apply Now
Last updated: Jul 28, 2021 18:44 PM | Abisha
|Company Name||TISS Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Assistant Professor Jobs|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Salary||Rs. 71,952 /-Per Month|
|Job Location||Mumbai Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||10/08/2021|
|Similar Jobs||Maharashtra Govt Jobs|
Required Assistant Professor (One Post) on Contract Basis for School of Human Ecology at TISS-Mumbai Campus.
i. The School of Human Ecology invites application for One post of Assistant Professor to be filled on contract basis, initially for aperiod of One Semester and extendable based on performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
1. Post Name: Assistant Professor
2. No of Post: 01
3. The candidates will be required to teach in M.A. Applied Psychology program of TISS, coordinate fieldwork activities of the students of M.A.
4. Applied Psychology and M.Phil in Applied Psychology, provide mentorship to students who need assistance, help in supervision of fieldwork, supervise psychological assessment, guide Masters’ research dissertation and carry out other activities necessary for smooth functioning of the Centre.
5. Persons are required specifically to teach psychological assessment, research methods (quantitative methods) and micro-skills in counselling.
6. Remuneration: Consolidated salary of Rs. 71952/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 ; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.
7. Educational Qualification: Eligibility (A or B):
A. i) A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Psychology / Applied Psychology from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
iii.) Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of 'Assistant Professor' subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a referred journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
8. The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
i. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
ii. the Times Higher Education (THE) or
iii. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
9. Desirable Qualifications:
a. M. Phil in Clinical Psychology from an RCI recognized institution
b. Ph.D in Psychology/Clinical Psychology or relevant field.
c. Candidates with prior teaching and/or field practice experience of two years will be preferred.
d. Research and published work in peer-reviewed journals in the fields of Psychology
e. Knowledge of psychological assessments, testing and advanced statistics.
10. ADVT/ACAD/ TISS-Mumbai/SHE/2021 July 28, 2021
1. The Institute reserves the right to relax qualifications of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
2. The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
3. Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
4. The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
5. No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
6. The candidate under employment must produce 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer to appear for interview.
7. No TA/DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
8. In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
Selection Procedure :
The shortlisted candidates will be sent a call letter and link for the interview. The online interview in Zoom Platform will be conducted around 16th August 2021.
How to Apply :
1. The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute's website at www.tiss.edu.
2. The candidates are requested to take a print of the acknowledgement of the online application and keep it for future reference.
3. The last date for submission of online applications will be 10 August 2021
4. Verification of documents: The shortlisted candidates are required to send scanned copies of their coloured passport size photograph, self-attested photocopies of relevant certificates in support of the essential qualification & experience.
5. Original certificates will be verified only for the selected candidate at the time of appointment.
6. Note: The selected candidate has to join the post with in 15 days on intimation of selection.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from TISS, please click on the Apply Now button below.