Agharkar Research Institute Recruitment 2020 - Director Vacancies - Ph.D. - Apply Now
Last updated: Jul 14, 2020 09:20 AM | Abisha
|Company Name||Agharkar Research Institute Recruitment 2021|
|Post Name||Director Jobs|
|No of Posts||1 Post|
|Job Location||Pune Jobs|
|Last Date to Apply||31/07/2020|
|Similar Jobs||Maharashtra Govt Jobs|
The appointment of the Director, ARI shall be made by the Governing Body with the approval / concurrence of Central Government (Department of Science & Technology) and Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) wherever applicable based on the recommendations of Searchcum-Selection Committee. The Search-cum-Selection Committee will also consider the applications and nominations received from Fellows of Academics, Directors of National Laboratories and Vice- Chancellors of Universities or persons of equivalent status.
1. Name of the Post : Director, MACS-ARI (One)
2. Pay Matrix Level : Level 15 plus allowances and other benefits as admissible.
3. Job Description : The Director, Agharkar Research Institute will have the overall administrative control of the Institute and will provide high-level leadership to the Institute in identification of research programs and projects of national and international relevance in various specialized fields of research undertaken by the Institute. S/He will enthuse and motivate scientists of the Institute; promote creativity and excellence and create an atmosphere conducive to harmonious functioning of the Institute.
4. Educational and other qualification : Essential : (i) Doctorate degree of a recognized University in Life Sciences (Research in the domain areas of the Institute Biodiversity & Paleobiology, Bioenergy, Bioprospecting, Developmental Biology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Nanobioscience)
(ii) Post-doctoral research,
(iii) Original published work of high standard and / or National and International Patents.
5. Desirable : Evidence of high professional eminence by way of recognitions like fellowship of academies, national / international awards in science etc.
6. Experience :
For Direct Recruitment :
Essential (a) At least 20 years of experience in R&D in industrial and academic institutions and / or Science and Technology Organizations or as faculty / scientist of recognized national / international universities / research institutes / corporate R&D Labs etc., out of which at least 4 years should be in managerial / administrative capacity for science & technology programs, planning and development, budget & finance, coordination and such organizational matters.
(b) R&D experience in the domain area/s of research / activities undertaken by the Institute (Biodiversity & Paleobiology, Bioenergy, Bioprospecting, Developmental Biology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Nanobioscience).
7. For Deputation / Contract :
In case of Recruitment by Deputation / Contract-Scientists or Technologists working in the Central / State Government / Universities / Recognized Research Institutions / SemiGovernment, Statutory or Autonomous Organizations in India. (a) (i) holding analogous post; or (ii) 5 years regular service in the post carrying pay in the pay band of Rs.37,400- 67,000 + GP Rs.10,000/- or equivalent
(b) possessing the essential educational qualifications indicated at para 6 above and essential experience for Direct Recruits indicated above.
8. Tenure / Period of Deputation / Contract :
For Direct Recruitment and Deputation / Short term contract: 3 to 5 years or on attaining the age of superannuation as per extant Govt. instructions (60 years at present), whichever is earlier. Extension in tenure / deputation / contract period
9. The tenure / deputation / contract period can be extended, on recommendations of the Governing Body / Council by Central Government as per the extant instructions / procedure laid down by DoPT.
10. Probation : The probation period shall be one year.
Selection Procedure :
Recruitment for the post of Director shall be made by any of the following method(s): (a) By Direct Recruitment, (b) By Deputation, including short-term contract and (c) Re-employment.
How to Apply :
1. Applications typed on plain paper in the format given below should be sent by post to ‘The Chairman, Institute Council, C/o MACS – Agharkar Research Institute, Gopal Ganesh Agarkar Road, Pune 411 004 (Maharashtra, India)’ within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in ‘Employment News’. The last date of receipt of applications from candidates in Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J & K State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep will be within 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News.
2. Persons employed in Government Departments, Autonomous Organizations and Public Sector Undertakings should send their applications through the proper channel. The applications so forwarded through the proper channel shall invariably be accompanied by Vigilance Clearance Certificate and Integrity Certificate alongwith ACRs of last five years (if available). They may, however, send an advance copy so as to meet the time deadline mentioned above.
3. Duly self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of qualifications and experience should be sent with the application. Please do not send originals. The envelope containing the applications must be superscribed with Application for the post of Director, MACS-ARI, Pune
4. Note: The advertisement vide No. Advt./Rect./Dir/01/2018-19 dated 26.01.2019 published in the Employment News and other newspapers for the post of Director may be treated as cancelled due to Administrative reasons.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from Agharkar Research Institute, please click on the Apply Now button below.