IBPS CWE PO|
CWE PO examination is conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) twice a year. This examination is used by nineteen public sector banks for the recruitment of Probationary Officer/Management Trainee posts. A Good examination score will increase the chances of getting a job in these public sector banks.
Besides a good score, candidates should meet the below eligibility criteria to get recruited in these public sector banks.
Eligibility criteria and selection procedure for CWE PO
Prospective Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS before applying for the Common Written Examination (CWE):
1. Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2.Age ( as on 01.01.2012)
Minimum: 20 Years Maximum: 30 Years
The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
Relaxation of Upper age limit
NOTE: In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis with any one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe - 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 years
- Persons With Disabilities – 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including\Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 5 years the stipulated time) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment – 5 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 - 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots - 5 years
- Persons who have completed 5 years of service in RRBs - 5 years
3. Educational qualifications (as on 01.01.2012)
A degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
4. Written examination structure
Here is the pattern of CWE IBPS PO exam.
|No. ||Name of Test ||No. of Questions ||Maximum Marks ||Duration|
|1 ||Reasoning ||50 ||50 ||Composite time of 150 minutes (2hrs 30min)|
|2 ||English Language ||50 ||25 |
|3 ||Quantitative Aptitude ||50 ||50|
|4 ||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry) ||50 ||50 |
|5 ||Computer Knowledge ||50 ||50 |
|6 ||Descriptive Paper on English Composition (Essay, Précis, Letter writing, etc.) || ||25 ||60 minutes (1 hour)|
| ||Total || ||250 ||210 minutes (3hrs 30 min)|
- The tests 1 to 5 are of objective type multiple choice questions
- All tests other than the Test of English Language and Descriptive Paper on English Composition are printed in both English and Hindi.
- The Descriptive Papers of only those candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks in each of the objective tests are evaluated.
b. Penalty for wrong answers
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Test. For each wrong answer 0.25 marks gets deducted. If for any question a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong even if one of the given answers happens to be right and there will be the same penalty of 0.25. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
c. Standardized score
The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates will further be converted into standardized scores following Linear Conversion Method. If the total for a test is in fraction, the marks obtained will be rounded off to the nearest integer, i.e. if fraction exceeds by 0.50 or more, it will be rounded off to next higher integer.
d. Cutoff score
Each candidate will have to secure a minimum standardized score in each of the tests to qualify in the written examination and be considered for vacancies in the participating banks. The cut-off points will be decided based on the average (Average – ¼ Standard Deviation for General category candidates and Average – ¾ Standard Deviation for Reserved Category candidates).
5. How to apply ?
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should--
(i) Scan photograph and signature
(ii) Keep the necessary details/documents ready if desired to make online payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges (In case of Offline Payment i.e. CBS candidates have to apply online, obtain a fee payment challan and then remit the necessary application fees/ intimation charges).
(iii) Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this round of CWE. IBPS may send call letters Written Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
(1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “Common Written Examination” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- PROBATIONARY OFFICER/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (IBPS-CWE-PO/MT-II) JUNE 2012” to open up the OnLine Application Form.
(2) Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form. Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of:
(1) ONLINE MODE of payment of requisite fees / intimation charges
(2) OFFLINE MODE of payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges payment of fees / intimation charges through CBS branches of any one of the following 6 Public Sector Banks Bank of Baroda , Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Punjab National Bank, United Bank of India
Click Here for Details on IBPS CWE EXAM
Click Here for Details on IBPS CWE Clerk
Click Here for Details on IBPS Specialist Officer